Mar 29, 2010

Sunday Picture - Carrot Cake w/ Vanilla Frosting


The Sunday Pic on Monday...I know, I know. To make a long story short just as I was getting ready to post this lovely cake yesterday I lost my internet connection...until about 10 minutes ago. So here we are. I made this cake for a friend's birthday celebration over the weekend. 


Mind you this is exactly my 2nd tiered cake ever and the first was a 3 layers with green icing, lets just say I went BIG.  But this one needed to not only taste good but also be pretty.  Thankfully I have a lovely pastry chef friend who gave me an icing lesson that helped immensely.  The recipe for this Carrot Cake beauty was pulled from one of my favorite food blogs, Smitten Kitchen.  Although instead of making a maple syrup frosting as her recipe suggests, I used this vanilla one. 



I'll definitely hold on to this recipe as it is amazing! In fact I'm eating the last little piece of it now.


happy cooking this week! 
alison

4 comments:

Steph Bond-Hutkin said...

No way! We (Sophie and I) just this second finished icing carrot cupcakes! Although this recipe looks waaaay better. The one we made is delicious but more like a butter cake with grated carrot through it. We added some lime juice to the cake mixture and the icing. Can't wait to try this one!

Alison Clayshulte said...

Oh, that sounds fabulous! This recipe was so good. Just the amount of spice and tons of carrots - yum! I've never thought of lime juice, sounds lovely.

Yogurt Recipes said...

Hi thankks for sharing this

Yogurt Recipes said...

This is a great poost