Mar 14, 2010

Sunday Picture - Homemade Croissants


Today I'm just posting an inspirational picture.  Though some might look at this and think, oh that looks like a picture of croissants; to them I say, yes - isn't it grand!  I know, I'm kinda crazy about this sort of thing...but it was my first attempt at making croissants, and I'm so excited I just had to share.

I'm sure everyone has a recipe or idea that they want to try but are to overwhelmed to even go down that path, however, I'm here to tell you it is so worth the effort.  I've been wanting to make croissants from scratch for a long time, but I've always been turned off by the four (yes, really!!) pages of directions in the Tartine Bakery cookbook.  It was wonderful to share these with friends over brunch this morning, and the satisfaction of conquering the recipe was just an added bonus.  

I'll be back tomorrow with a recipe for Long-Cooked Broccoli.

happy cooking this week,
Alison

No comments: