Jul 2, 2009

Community: Wood Tavern

(Image: Wood Tavern)

A couple weeks ago was Matt and my 3 year anniversary. It's crazy how fast time fly's. I am amazed how much has changed in just three years, and how we learn more about each other every day.

To celebrate this year we decided to check out a restaurant in our neighborhood, Wood Tavern. This place is always busy when we walk by, from lunch through to the late night crowd. The first thing we noticed when we walked in was that everyone checking in around us seemed to know the host, or someone else at the restaurant. Is this the neighborhood place to go?

When making the reservation on Open Table I requested the chef's table, not knowing if there was one. I love watching people cook. Well, there is a chef's table and its the best seat in the house as far as I can tell. At this table you are propped up at a bar right in front of the main grill with one chef which sent out both firsts and main dishes consistently throughout the night. Also, you can look over and see the salads and desserts being put together and you have a slight view of the third chef doing more main dishes. I was in heaven.

Now to the food. Yum!!! Everything was very good. We had gnocchi with english peas, and bits of pancetta. A three bean salad with very fresh ricotta and hazelnuts, an excellent flavor combination. For our main dish we shared the steak and frites. It had a good flavor, and a mountain of fries. When we go back I might try the chicken or possibly the pork chop, both were coming out looking very good. Finally we split a root beer float. Taking our extra large spoons to the ice cream and slurping out the last of the root beer was a fun way to end the evening.

I was so bummed that I forgot my camera to take more photos of the food. So if your in the area check it out yourself, and let me know what you think.

No comments: